Hyser Rivers Museum

http://www.plainfieldmi.org/hyser-rivers-museum.html         Broken link?


Local history museum in Plainfield Charter Township, Michigan.
In 1852, Dr. William Hyser built a house for his family in Plainfield Village, on the north side of what is now West River Drive. The house played many roles during that time including that of stagecoach stop, post office, and office of Township Clerk, Justice of the Peace, and school inspector. For over a century history passed up and down the broad waters of the Grand River and traveled the overland routes to Greenville, Saginaw, Ionia and Detroit. The house is a well-proportioned example of early Northern Greek revival architecture, with the attractive shaping of the front gable and white pillars supporting the roof of the front porch. It is the last of the original buildings still standing at the site of what once was the Austerlitz Post Office and Plainfield Village.



 
Address: 6440 West River Drive NE
Belmont, Michigan  49306
View Google Map
 
Contact:
(616) 363-9399 Wrong number?
 
Created 8/9/2018
Updated 8/9/2018




Corrections? Updates?   Edit images  




Conditions of use   Admin   1997-2019 HomeschoolClassifieds.com, Knoxville, TN